Welcome to Piecing Life Together...

First off I'd like to thank you for taking the time to visit this blog. I decided to start this blog as a way to work through all the changes and excitement that has been going on in my life, and hopefully connect with others who are interested in sharing their experiences with things like hiking, frugal living, simple living, disaster preparedness and self sufficiency. Sit down a spell, read a little, and enjoy a moment or two with us here... maybe you'll add a little piece of yourself to share with us in a comment. Blessings to you all.

Michelle

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Ouch!

Well, after carefully arranging to have babysitting for the weekend before Valentine's Day so that Justin and I could sit back, chill and enjoy each others company for a while, I went and tripped on one of my daughter's toys and snapped my pinky toe.  :(  I caught it between two spoke like things on her Garanimals Shape Sorter as I was trying to take my sleeping girl to her crib so I could get some housework done.  Oh the irony of trying to get things cleaned up only to break my toe on something that wasn't.  Anyhow, after putting her down (thank heavens I didn't fall on her or drop her) in her crib, now totally awake, I proceeded to limp/hop into my bedroom and check my toe which hurt like hell.  Given the not so pretty sound I heard when I tripped and the severe pain, I highly suspected it was broken.  The funny lumpiness only added to that assumption, so I called my mom and asked her to drive me to the ER.  I knew there wasn't much they could do for a broken toe, but I was hoping they could at least give me something so I wouldn't have to try and put a shoe on that foot in the cool weather we were still having.

A few hours later I had sent my mom home with my daughter, had my dear Justin pick me up, and I had a couple nice new additions to our home medical care supplies, an ortho-shoe and crutches.  I was so thankful for the shoe.  :)  To add to my misery, the sun decided to come up and remind me just how much I want to be outside and on a trail somewhere, taking in a little nature and soaking up the calm I get when I'm out in the woods and country... calm I could so use of late.  So the last week has been a bit disappointing.  Beautiful, dry, warm weather and me unable to get my hiking shoes on again until today, and I'm starting to regret that decision as my foot has begun to swell a little more and is starting to hurt.  Lol.  One romantic weekend ruined for a broken toe along with any hopes of getting out to some of my favorite local trails with this first real brush of spring.  So here's hoping for a speedy recovery so I can get out on the trail, test my new hiking shoes and hopefully be walking comfortably by the time Justin and I get our next time off together, in about a month it appears.

The toy, by the way, it perfectly fine.  No dents, dings, paint chips or breakage at all... lol, that's what I get for buying a quality toy... lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment